Well, after attempting to try one type of image for my collaborative project I decided all the previous drawings sucked…. but these ones are pretty great. These watercolor washed webs really have inspired me and I’m trying to push them larger. Currently the biggest one is about 20 by 30. My colors have not really worked themselves out yet but I’m still experimenting.
I decided I wanted to have another go at a multiple plate print and I’m happy I did because I’ve learned a few good things. First and foremost if I ever attempt to have as many plates as I did during this project my head spins and well I can’t seem to focus on the image and instead I focus on the technique, which normally does not create an interesting image. Also, I learned that editing has become a great skill. After creating 4 plates that worked together I always wanted to print them all, so a forewarning to you, some of these prints are busy. However, after a while I learned that in many cases less is more and hopefully this is the biggest accomplishment of this project. please let me know any thoughts or critique you have, another set of eyes is always helpful.
Well lets just begin with saying that this project was very intimidating since I primarily feel comfort in black white and gray tones, but considering the facts I was pretty happy with the outcome. Bellow are the final print some variations and collaborations. Enjoy.
So I think posting about how guilty I felt made me work extra hard to get some decent work produced…. of course when I say decent these are merely study drawings but I always finish my studies since I consider them a piece in themselves. Hope you enjoy and please feel free to leave any comments, they are always helpful! By the way they are all made with chalk pastel and india ink washes.